Friday, April 25, 2014

Farewell for Now, but Not Forever.

It is with a bit of sadness that my time as an virtual intern for the Saranac Lake Free Library is coming to a close. And to that I'd like to say that I am grateful to the SLFL, its director Peter Benson, and all its staff and community that made the library a very welcoming place. In keeping in touch with the announcements, the photo proof of how certain events went and were going brought delight to this old heart all the way in Korea. I really learned a lot in such a short time. Learning about the different reading groups, therapy dogs and the way they benefit many people, the different authors and speakers that represent all that is good and fascinating about the Adirondacks, I really enjoyed it all and I learned many things. And perhaps knowing that I may have helped the community through this internship is my fuel to press on a be a good librarian to many someday. In spite of my distance on what is literally, the other side of the world, all I want to say is, thank you for this experience, from the bottom of my heart.

I will subscribe to this blog with my regular e-mail, so if you have any questions or comments you would like for me to specifically address or answer, just comment this post and it will notify me via e-mail. It's been a pleasure everyone. I hope to someday visit the SLFL in person next time I find myself in the area. Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment